The responsibilities of the Road/Bridge Project Manager include:
- Writing bid specifications and soliciting bids for road equipment, bridge materials, culverts, gravel, contract labor and engineering services.
- Supervising bridge inspections and training inspectors. Federal law requires all bridges over 20 feet long to be inspected every two years.
- Reviewing and classifying bills for road expenses.
- Issuing Enhanced 9-1-1 addresses to new rural houses.
- Reviewing applications for permission to:
- Install utility lines in road rights of way
- Move buildings on County roads
- Build in flood plains